Treating Back Pain Using Back Pain Relief CreamChristina Walker, Chief Science Researcher
Chronic pain affects many American adults. One of the most common complaints is back pain, which 80% of Americans experience during their lifetimes. While chronic back pain can have a serious impact on many aspects of life, it can often be treated effectively at home. Although consultation with a medical professional is always important, here are some ways you can ease your back pain.
Staying active is essential for regulating sleep, digestion, mental well-being, and even maintaining healthy sleep cycles. It is also an important tool for tacking chronic pain, including back pain.
- Exercise: Exercise helps ease back pain by keeping muscles toned. Strong muscles improve posture, which is important because poor posture strains muscles by pulling them out of position and causing minor aches, pains, and spasms. Further, exercise helps maintain a healthy body weight. Extra body mass forces muscles to do more work, increasing the likelihood of soreness.
- Stretch: While many people remember the importance of exercise in keeping muscles healthy, the importance of stretching is often forgotten. Stretching reduces muscle tension and improves your range of motion, decreasing the risk of injury.
- Minimize Bed Rest: When our backs hurt, it is tempting to want to rest, but too much rest can worsen our pain. Inactive muscles become stiff and constricted and over-rest leads to muscle weakening.
Consider Alternative Medicine
Some people who suffer from back pain find relief through alternative medical treatments. Not every treatment is effective for every patient, but these methods are helpful in overcoming pain for many people.
- Chiropractic Care: Chiropractors gently manipulate the spine to better align the body. Just like a car gets out of alignment, the human body does as well. A chiropractic adjustment relieves pressure from parts of the body that are overworked from this misalignment.
- Acupuncture: Acupuncturists use small needles inserted into the body to realign the body’s Qi (or Chi), an energy that practitioners believe to be linked with overall health.
- Massage: Massage therapy use gentle pressure to relax overly-tight muscles. It can also relieve pressure on nerves from constricted muscles.
- Meditation: Some practitioners of meditation find deep breathing and active relaxation relieves their muscle pain. This may be due to the way that meditation relieves emotional stress that may cause muscle tension in the first place.
Try Topical Pain Relief
Another safe, convenient treatment for back pain is back pain relief cream. An all natural pain relief cream can be used safely by itself or in conjunction with other back pain relief products. For example, back pain relief cream can be used in place of oil during a back massage and will continue treating the back pain even once the massage has ended. Back pain relief cream can also be used for immediate relief while waiting for an over-the-counter pain reliever to take effect.
There Is Hope For Back Pain Sufferers
Just as the causes of back pain are varied, there are also many home remedies for treating back pain. By staying active and considering alternative treatments, people can effectively treat their back pain from the comfort of their home. Additionally, topical treatments like back pain relief cream can be used with other treatments in any location to provide the relief you want when you need it most.