Massage Therapy: A Simple and Effective Middle Back Pain Relief RemedyChristina
Back pain can make simple tasks excruciatingly hard to do. Tying your shoes, picking up items from the floor, and even working at your desk can all seem like a chore. Without an effective middle back pain relief, the pain can have a negative impact on your overall quality of life.
Painful sensations can be felt on the spinal column, above the rib cage, and below the spinal column. You can help prevent back pain by doing the following:
- Posture: Slouching is one of the biggest culprits that can cause pain and strain on your back. Sit at your desk such that your feet are flat on the ground. Keep the computer screen at eye level.
- Rest: Take adequate rest after exercise. Make a point of sleeping 8 hours a night to allow your body to heal.
- Stretching: Yoga exercises and Pilates can strengthen your back muscles and minimize the risk of injuries.
There are many middle back pain relief treatments you could try at home. However, in this article, we will look at a common non-invasive remedy that is backed by scientific research.
Massage therapy is common with physiotherapists who use it to relieve pain and encourage the relaxation of muscles. It is a simple technique you can learn at home without using any sophisticated equipment, other than an all-natural pain relief cream.
Massage therapy can ease the following back pain issues:
- Muscle Strain: One common cause of pain along the spinal column is the straining of muscle fibers. Lifting heavy objects or slouching while sitting, can damage some vital muscles causing inflammation around that area. Swelling takes place in the sensitive regions of your back, making it difficult to move. The pain can last anywhere from a few days to weeks. Massaging the region with a pain relief cream can reduce its sensitivity to facilitate movement.
- Fibromyalgia: Fibromyalgia is a complex condition that is difficult to define, but is generally characterized by pain, anxiety, and sleep disruption, among other symptoms. It is one of the most costly medical problems to treat. There is no single middle back pain relief remedy that can cure all cases. However, massage therapy has been endorsed by several studies as a viable treatment for fibromyalgia. The study did not find any side effects of using massage and is, therefore, a safe and effective way of managing the pain.
- Spinal Osteoarthritis: The Osteoarthritis of the spine causes the depletion of the cushions that support the joints. Over time, the inflammation of cartilages around the spinal column makes the area sore and sensitive. It may get to a point where movement is limited, as there is friction between the joints. Massage can provide inflammation relief by facilitating the flow of blood and reducing muscle strain.
- Mental Distress: When it comes to back pain, one factor you may overlook is stress. Psychological factors can increase tension and strain on the muscles around your spine. Massage can address the pain in several ways. Massaging the back will release the feel-good hormone endorphin. It will relax your muscular tissues, improve flexibility, and even induce sleep. It increases blood flow, allowing more nutrition to get to the tissues to facilitate fast healing.
Using Massage at Home for Middle Back Pain Relief
Massage is a technique you can learn and use at home. You can combine the therapy with lower back pain relief products. Try the Swedish and Shiatsu techniques which are the most effective, according to therapists.
However, it is advisable to consult your physician to determine the cause of the problem, before trying any lower back pain relief products. There may be some risks for people with varicose veins, osteoporosis, rashes, or wounds.
Massage therapy is simple to learn and a non-invasive remedy effective for middle back pain relief. It has many benefits that can relax the muscles and reduce psychological stress. However, consult your doctor to determine the exact cause of the problem. Chronic conditions may require medical intervention.