Backache Prevention: 4 Must-Know Tips to Guide YouStudio98
If back pain has been giving you sleepless nights, it doesn’t mean that life is unfair, because you’re not the only one. In fact, research shows that a whopping 80% of America’s population will suffer back pain at some point in life. Apart from the discomfort, back pain is known to affect everyday living as it can even result in job disability. Even so, a little self-care can go a long way in keeping this problem at bay. Keep reading to learn about the causes of back pain and tips on how to prevent it.
Causes of Back Pain
When it comes to back pain, it’s hard to pinpoint a single cause. There are a number of things that can cause this such as:
- Arthritis: This results from inflammation that can sometimes prevent you from doing your daily chores. If this sounds like you, an arthritis pain relief cream can help offer inflammation relief. Arthritis can cause narrowing of spinal cord space, a condition called spinal stenosis.
- Muscle or Ligament Strain: Your spinal ligaments are prone to injury whenever you lift weighty items improperly. Likewise, repeated back strain can result in painful muscle spasms for anyone who’s physical condition is compromised.
- Skeletal anomalies: Improper bone growth will in most cases cause skeletal anomalies. Scoliosis, for example, is a condition where the spine curves sideways. Although there might not be any back pain at the onset, it usually starts creeping-in with age.
- Pregnancy: Pregnancy comes with pelvic structure and hormonal change. These two factors coupled with pregnancy back pressure will likely result in lower backache.
These are just some of the factors that can cause back pain. With that said, it would be prudent to learn about some effective methods that can help get rid of back pain when at home.
At the top on the list are back pain relief products such as a pain relief cream. A back pain relief cream works by desensitizing pain channels in the affected area. The same way people take oral medications to ease pain, back pain relief products are equally helpful. You’re likely to buy these products in the form of a pain relieving cream, patch, gel, among others.
Massages help the body relax and also wipe out body aches in the process. Massaging a tense or sore muscle loosens it up thus spelling an end to the pain. A proper massage coupled with back pain relief products is a sure-fire way of enhancing back function. However, preventing back pain in the first place sounds a better idea, right? Let us take a look at effective ways that can help avoid backaches.
1. Careful Lifting
Everyday life means that most people have to lift heavy items from time to time. Even with your strength, you can suffer back injury with inappropriate lifting. This means that you need to know how to lift heavy items properly.
As a rule, always keep weight closest to the body because more force is needed when lifting an object that’s too far. Your upper body should also be upright when lifting.
2. Workout Your Core
Exercising your core makes the muscles stronger to offer enough support when lifting. Cardio exercise also takes blood supply to the spine a notch higher. This ensures there is sufficient supply of healing nutrients at all times.
3. Proper Sitting Position
Improper sitting is usually the culprit behind most backache cases today. Chairs that offer back support are the best because they help prevent bad posture. Always ensure that the knees are at a higher position than the hips when seated. A stool will come in handy in propping your feet, and keeping your head up is also a good idea if you’ll be sitting for long.
4. Keeping Your Weight in Check
With the sedentary lifestyle in the 21st century, putting on some extra pounds is rather easy. This not only affects self-esteem, but can also mark the start of back pain. Extra midsection weight strains the lower back as a result of change in the center of gravity. Exercise and proper nutrition can help maintain an ideal weight.
Back pain can adversely affect the quality of life. Fortunately, back pain relief products can help take away the discomfort. Moreover, the above tips will help avoid this problem.