5 Common Sources of Pain That Often Require Home TreatmentChristina Walker, Chief Science Researcher
Pain is more common that we realize. We suffer from bumps, bruises, and cuts on a daily basis. We ignore most of it, but occasionally, we experience pain that we have to treat. However, we all know the dangers of prescription opioids, so we look for non-addictive alternatives, such as all natural pain relief creams.
Here are five common sources of minor pain:
Earaches are common because they take many forms.
- Swimmer’s ear is an infection of the outer ear. The outer ear includes everything from the eardrum to the ear. Most cases of swimmer’s ear are caused by bacteria that thrive in an ear canal that retains water after swimming, showering, or bathing. However, swimmer’s ear can also be caused by infected scratches when objects are inserted into the ear.
- Viruses can cause congestion and prevent the Eustachian tube that connects the middle ear to the back of the throat from draining. Pressure in the Eustachian tube can cause earaches.
- Bacterial infection can develop in a clogged Eustachian tube. Ear infections are the second most common reason for visits to the pediatrician. Children have much smaller and shorter Eustachian tubes, which make them susceptible to clogging. Young children catch between six and eight colds per year, many more than adults, and these colds can evolve into ear infections.
Bacterial infection is treated with antibiotics. Viruses cannot be cured with antibiotics and are allowed to run their course. In either case, ear pain relief may come in the form of natural earache relief products.
Sports injuries and on-the-job injuries can be acute or chronic. Acute injuries occur due to a single event, such as breaking a bone or tearing a ligament. Chronic injuries happen due to overuse or repetitive motion. Examples of chronic injuries include carpal tunnel syndrome, tennis elbow, and bursitis.
Many chronic injuries cannot be cured. Rather, the treatment for chronic injuries is usually rest, ice, and pain relief while the body heals itself. For these injuries, all natural pain relief cream can help reduce pain while the body rests and heals.
Back pain can be caused by a few different conditions:
- Disc pain: Discs are cushions of fibrous material that sit between vertebrae in the spine. Pressure on discs can cause them to deform or tear. When this happens, the disc or the vertebrae may press on nerves in the spinal column causing pain.
- Muscle strain: Muscles in the back can become strained from an acute injury, such as a fall, or repetitive motion, such as lifting or carrying.
- Arthritis: Bones wear down over time and with use. People who have physical jobs or engage in sports activities are more likely to suffer arthritis. Moreover, the likelihood of arthritis increases with age.
Back pain is treated with surgery in only the most severe cases because of the risks involved. Consequently, most back pain is treated with physical therapy, pain relief, and rest. For patients who want to avoid the risks of prescription pain relievers, all natural pain relief cream may be a viable alternative.
Although headaches are among the most common sources of pain, there is no single cause or treatment for headaches. For example, some people suffer from headaches due to high blood pressure. While these patients may find relief from headaches by taking blood pressure medication, this treatment will not work for those not suffering from hypertension.
As a result, most minor to moderate headaches are treated at home using natural pain relief.
Shingles is caused by the same virus that causes chicken pox. Shingles is extremely painful during and after infection. During infection, a painful, blister-like rash develops on the skin. After infection, nerve endings damaged by the rash can continue to send pain signals even after the rash has cleared up.
Shingles is viral, which means that it cannot be cured. Rather, it must run its course. Consequently, treatment usually consists of antiviral medications that can shorten the infection and pain relief. All natural pain relief cream can be used to relieve or reduce the pain of shingles.
Pain can be disruptive to life and often cannot be cured. Treatment with all natural pain relief is sometimes the best option. Rely on MagniLife for the best options in all natural pain relief creams and products.